If you want to re-platform your business in the digital world in the most useful, practical, and powerful way, it may make sense to use a Shopify platform. Shopify, one of the most frequently preferred web tools for those who want to sell products or services in the online world, is generally known for making business management easy. Of course, one of the system’s most important features is its ability to be integrated.
- What Exactly Does Shopify Do?
- How Much Does Shopify Cost?
- What Can You Sell on Shopify?
- How Does Shopify Work?
- How To Start Selling on Shopify
- Advantages of Shopify
- Disadvantages of Shopify
- Frequently Asked Questions About
A large number of tools, from email marketing systems to speed test systems, can work integrated with Shopify. In this way, you can make many transactions easier and faster.
What Exactly Does Shopify Do?
Shopify, which has a free trial package of 14 days, is used by 800,000 businesses worldwide. This is really a huge number. So what exactly does it provide? It makes it easier for businesses to sell online, from theme to sales processes, from payment processes to stock tracking. You can use highly customizable website themes on Shopify. Marketing professionals prepare these foundations to create a strong brand profile in front of the customer.
- Shopify’s most important feature, offered for sale for a fee, is that even people with no coding knowledge and skills can easily set up their websites.
- Shopify’s most important feature is that it works with cloud technologies. This service can be easily used on different devices and internet browsers. This increases the organizational power of large enterprises.
- You do not have to spend high rates when creating your e-commerce store.
- It has a structure that can be integrated with all add-ons you want to use within digital marketing services.
- This software system, produced within the Liquid language framework, can be personalized by people who know basic coding. If you know HTML, CSS, or JS languages, you will be able to make various edits on Shopify.
- When you want to benefit from 3rd party software support, you can easily use Shopify.
How Much Does Shopify Cost?
You can sign up for free to Shopify because it provides 14 days free trial for the users without giving any payment information. For the first three months of your membership is just $1. There are three payment plans. The basic plan provides basic reports, two staff accounts, and up to 4 inventory locations for $24. The second payment plan provides professional reports, five staff accounts, and up to 5 inventory locations for $69. The third one is the advanced plan, which provides a custom report builder, 14 staff accounts, and up to 8 inventory locations for $299.
What Can You Sell on Shopify?
You can sell many things except the prohibited items listed on Shopify, like tobacco, live animals, fireworks, etc. The users who sell something illegal, their page will be banned. When you are careful about it, you can sell many items such as;
- Digital products (e-books, pdf, digital cards, etc.)
- Products that you can ship
- Online courses, webinars, tickets for events
- Clothes, equipment
- Electronic devices
- Home stuff
- Handcrafted items
How Does Shopify Work?
You will see this in the rest of the content if you want to get detailed information about Shopify pricing plans. This platform is handy for starting an e-commerce site right away. Let’s examine how Shopify works to have a user-friendly eCommerce platform.
Sale Front Service of Shopify
There are more than seventy professional themes in Shopify, which works as a website builder. These themes have been created by experts like Happy Cog, Clearleft, and Pixel Union. You can use them for your site. Within the Sale front services scope, Shopify allows you to make HTML and CSS arrangements and helps you take advantage of Shopify using your own domain name.
Shopping Cart Service of Shopify
You get an SSL certificate completely free of charge. In this way, your customers can shop safely with their credit cards. Shopify, which offers you support in email marketing, sends automatic emails to users who forget products in their cart and aims to increase your conversion rates. Also, more than 100 payment gateways are available to users through Shopify. The system supports more than 50 languages.
Store Management Service of Shopify
It is possible to easily perform dropshipping services and refund transactions. Shopify also provides active service with platforms such as Ordoro, Inventory Source, and eCommHub within the framework of dropshipping service.
Marketing and SEO Service of Shopify
You can start working immediately to find your potential customers and increase their conversion rates. In addition, you can take advantage of special offers and discount processes and the chance to rise to the top of Google through product reviews and Google Ads credits. You will get a full $100 gift if you spend $25 on Google for ads. This way, you can minimize your marketing budget and get much faster returns. In addition, you can implement all the rules websites must comply with for H1, title, and meta tags on Shopify. You can get more information from our What is Shopify SEO article.
Products in Shopify
Did you know that you can easily manage the marketing process and sales processes of your products on this platform? So what exactly is Shopify doing to achieve this? Let’s say right away.
- First of all, you can benefit from the inventory management option.
- Also, you get a platform where physical objects and digital products can be listed and sold online. Numerous products and services can be easily bought and sold. This means a much more advantageous management process. Import and export operations can also be done more easily through CSV files.
- Shopify can provide additional apps for this.
- Moreover, multiple sizes, colors, and materials variations can be made for each product. This provides an extra advantage in product sales processes.
Web Hosting in Shopify
Within the framework of hosting web operations, you will be able to benefit from SSL certificates, email forwarding services, instant automatic upgrade options, and an unlimited service as bandwidth. In addition to all these, one of the most popular features of Shopify is that it provides service as Level-1 PCI compliant. What does it mean? This platform, which provides the security of your customer’s credit cards at the maximum level, will make you highly preferred. It’s that simple!
Analytics in Shopify
If you have an eCommerce platform and make regular sales through it, it can be really useful to analyze customer behavior and shopping habits. There are many options you can choose from to do this. Since the support team also supports the analysis services, you can get help immediately if the unsuccessful analysis process. In addition to real-time analysis options, you will also have the chance to make general analyzes of the conversion rates you have as a commerce platform.
By changing search results usage, Search Generative Experience (SGE) has a huge impact on e-commerce businesses since you would also use the...
Analysis services are quite diverse. Dashboard, Google Analytics operations, products reporting services, reports on traffic rates and referral rates, and numerical data regarding export processes are provided to you by Shopify. All these details provide you with information about your customers’ needs that need to be optimized. For example, with the traffic report, you can discover where your visitors are coming from and then complete your advertising strategy by focusing on these areas. Such details make it possible for the budget you spend to give you maximum efficiency.
Mobile App of Shopify: Can I Manage My Store on My Mobile Phone?
Of course. Thanks to Shopify, you will have a mobile dashboard. This dashboard will be really useful for tracking your business and making transactions. You will also be able to perform all email customers or call customers transactions through this interface. This interface, which allows you to examine customer profiles and take special marketing actions for special profiles, is extremely efficient. Moreover, you can control your inventory wherever and whenever you want via your mobile screen. It’s that easy!
How To Start Selling on Shopify
- Sign up free for 14 days: You can choose a payment plan 14 days later.
- Build your online store: First, make an e-commerce website for selling online, and then connect your sales websites.
- Add your products: You should put your products with quality images that you take, and giving the details is important for customers.
- Set up payments: You can activate it on the settings page.
- Set up shipping: You should determine the shipping and delivery costs, and you need to arrange the shipping methods.
Advantages of Shopify
- Shopify has a very user-friendly platform for online selling. The website is easy to use for beginners.
- There is a trial process for 14 days, and the startup cost is just $1 for three months.
- It offers the opportunity to choose pricing according to your needs.
- You can build your online store with useful and amazing themes.
- It is a global and reliable platform for e-commerce.
- You can benefit from customer support service whenever you need it.
Disadvantages of Shopify
- After the trial process and startup costs, you have to choose a plan, and the prices might be high for you.
- There are some user complaints about reaching customer services.
- You have to pay a transaction fee if you don’t want to use Shopify Payments.
- The themes and blog tools are limited. There are no content opportunities like WordPress or Wix.
Selling in the Internet World, first of all, requires a detailed optimization process, analysis process, and management. Therefore, it can be an extremely good idea to carry out this process with professionals. In general, you have now learned the answer to the What Is Shopify and How Does It Work question. If you want to take advantage of this service for your website, you can start with the lowest package.
You can only use Shopify to activate online credit card payments so that you can sell the products to your customers much more securely. Multi-employee corporate companies and small-scale platforms that have just started online sales can easily choose Shopify.
You can consider getting Shopify SEO services to increase your visibility and sales!