You write a topic you want to research into the search engine, click one of the results, and wait. If the page loads very slowly or does not load, you unintentionally leave that page and choose another search engine. Google PageSpeed Insights is a free Google tool that evaluates the performance and speed of websites. How fast websites load and how it affects user experience is an essential factor. Therefore, it is important to increase the speed of your website and improve its performance.
In this article, we will explain how to get speedy site with the help of Google PageSpeed insights.
What Is Google PageSpeed Insights?
So, Google PageSpeed Insights is a website speed test software prepared by Google. The test scores your site on Google, taking into account specific criteria. This tool has been in use for years and continues to be developed regularly. PageSpeed Insights completes the analysis of the relevant URL, lists the problems it finds, and lists detailed tips and suggestions for fixing these problems.
PageSpeed Insights measures how quickly users can access the site by analyzing the loading times of a website on mobile and desktop devices. The results classify your site’s performance as good, moderate, or poor and point to potential performance issues. You can detect and fix your site’s slow loading issues using this valuable information.
How Do I Use Google PageSpeed Insights?
This software is very simple to use. First, go to the Google PageSpeed Insights website. Then enter the URL of your website in the relevant field and click “analyze.” The process may take a few seconds. Then, a summary with general information about the website will appear.
This tool is extremely useful for improving the performance of a website and improving the user experience. A fast-loading website helps visitors stay longer and lower page abandonment rates. Also, in search engines (e.g., Google’s) algorithms, speed influences rankings, so a faster website can increase its chances of achieving higher rankings.
How to Ace Google PageSpeed Insights
Google page speed insights provide site owners and developers with important information about measuring, improving, and optimizing the performance of their websites. Thus, websites become more competitive, users increase satisfaction and maximize the impact of their online presence.
One of the most critical factors affecting the loading time of a website is its complexity. The more product images and page design features on your site, the more scripts, images, and HTML files are in the background. You can review the items below to fix the loading speed of the page.
The steps to take in order to ace Google PageSpeed insights:
- Optimize Images: The more images you have on your site and the more unoptimized photos, the slower the site’s opening speed. That’s why optimizing all the images inside the site will help speed up your site.
- Use AMP: AMP is an application targeted at mobile users used by Google. We recommend installing the AMP plugin if you have a blog page or are constantly posting blog posts.
- Enable Compression: Another option for speeding up your site is to enable Gzip compression. You can compress all JS and CSS files. Since this will compress your site by 90%, you can allow your visitors to navigate your site quickly.
- Reduce Server Response Time: The best improvement you can do to fix the shortened server response time error is to use the WordPress cache plugin.
- Don’t Use Too Many Plugins: Too many plugins are used on many WordPress sites. Sometimes obsolete or unnecessary plugins are not disabled or deleted in the WordPress backend.
- Website Caching: One of the most important optimization measures to prevent slow website loading is caching. Data items are collected or cached when the web page is created during web browsing.
- Avoid Redirects: You should avoid redirects on your site. For example, getting images from a different site slows down the site’s opening speed.
Speaking of speed, have you heard about GTmetrix Speed Test? If not, make sure you do!
Google PageSpeed Insights in Short
In this article, we demonstrated how you can increase it with Google website speed test and how to use Google PageSpeed Insights. You can quickly increase and measure your site speed by following these steps. Google page speed test is an effective tool that measures the performance and speed of websites, providing valuable information to site owners and developers. So, with this tool, you can determine the speed and user experience of a website, can detect performance problems, and can make necessary improvements. So this provides a better internet experience for users and contributes to the success of website owners.