N-Grams is a very complex infrastructure technique that looks quite complex. This program, which has increased in use especially in recent years, is handy in facilitating people’s work. This system, which many people see but do not have a specific idea of what it is, has advanced features.
N-grams is a word string in its simplest definition. It calculates the probabilities of words that will come afterward. It is understood that it looks a little difficult when transferred in this way. However, it is quite simple and straightforward. It is called the natural language processing mechanism. A person will probably write a word after it when a person writes a word, based on the sentences he uses regularly. For example;
- You helped me a lot in this regard.
- Every person your help touches will remember you beautifully.
- Do you want to help me get things done?
The N-grams algorithm of the person who wrote these sentences will predict the words that will come after the word help. The options that will appear when the person types help will be in the form of me / touch. The word me will appear in the first row as well as the word touch in the second row. This is a factor that can change over time depending on the person’s use.
Details About N-gram
The model calculates the probabilities of all words, not just that because the word help is used frequently. In other words, regard can be placed in the first or second place after this word, depending on the frequency of use. Words that are automatically completed when misspelled also work in this way. Which words the person uses more to correct, those words are placed. The automatic correction of errors caused by the misspellings of the letters or the placement of the appropriate words into the system is also realized by this algorithm.
N-grams, as mentioned earlier, are several times repetitive strings. Several times consecutive use of two words is sufficient to complete machine learning. A fairly simple probability calculation is made between Words in a sentence. The important thing in this algorithm is previous words.
Let’s assume that there are words in the sentence. The repetitive word is “really.” The probability that the word after the word is “count” is 3/1. The probabilities of other words are also calculated in this way. If the use of the word was five and then the word count was used twice after the word really, the probability would be 5/2.
What Do N-grams Do?
N-Grams is a form of algorithm planning that enables words to be found and then interpreted quickly. It allows people to create individual words and is used to create a faster writing potential and then to provide easy correction of wrong words. It is very useful as it allows you to create a sentence with a single word. Also, it is ensured that users encounter words that they cannot think of at the moment. It is useful to say that people who write formal writing are their saviors in this sense. N-grams is one of the most advanced algorithms of recent years, which is really useful for individuals in both individual and corporate correspondence.
N-grams, also defined as natural language processing, acts as a sequence of words. The system is completely word-based. This situation creates positive results in terms of predicting which words will come after the words.
There are examples of advanced N-Grams. People aim to learn about the bigram model, the trigram model, the gram model.
- Gram Model: It is the first dimension of the N-gram model. Indicates which word will come after the word used for the first time in the sentence. For example, the first time a person uses the word “say” followed by the word “apple” in a sentence. This is coded thanks to the gram model, and then the word “apple” ranks first among suggested words.
- Bigram Model: It is the second dimension of the N-gram model. It includes the two most common words after the word. The first two words that are proportionately high share the first two positions among the suggested words.
- Trigram Model: It is the third dimension of the N-gram model. It includes the three most used words after the word. The three words that are proportionately high share the first three positions among the suggested words. For example, if the first three words used after the word “say” are “an apple, banana, orange,” these three words will be in the first three places.
The text contains information such as what is N-gram, where it is used, and what it is for. Future benefits of N-gram, which has a highly basic algorithm, have also been reported. Detailed information was given to those who had not heard of this algorithm before. Information on how the N-gram probabilities are calculated is also included. Finally, N-gram types and examples are also included in the article. People who want to understand the algorithm will get information thanks to this article. If algorithms interest you, remember to learn how you can adapt to a Google algorithm change.