Push notification is a method apps and websites use to push their notification to your device’s top section or lock screen. To do that, apps first need your authorization to enable notifications. Because of the large variety of types and quality of push notifications, there is push marketing in the background that focuses on user needs and usability.
The first thing about push notifications that need to meet users’ needs is the need to inform. For example, you need to at least, be informed about the return of your message to someone. You want to see replies to your comments or posts on social media.
The second most highlighted thing about push notification is how striking it is, which means how effective it is when conveying the message you want. Also, this is the part where push notification as a service comes forward. How striking push notification is how push notification service serves the goal.
How To Create Push Notifications
Hundreds of apps and websites are created specifically to help you make your own push notifications under the pretext of push notification apps. But in this article, we will talk about tricks and important points that you should be aware of and be careful about when creating them as push marketing strategies.
Effective Push Notification
To create effective push notifications, you should first look at the level of uniqueness. Every user, rather than every person, wants to feel special and wants to know some things that are specific to him/herself. To create that ambiance, you need to know some specific adjustments for your user. These adjustments basically:
- Exclusiveness: Exclusiveness is not just the most sophisticated but also the most important part of push notifications’ effectiveness. The feel you give your user should be related to the uniqueness of oneself. You must first understand your users and use their information to create a specific ambiance.
- Briefness: Briefness here is not just about the shortness but also the ability to project the meaning to your user. Meaning here sometimes can be considered as feeling, other times as opinion.
Personal Push Notification
By the nature of humans, humans tend to show hospitality to things that give the feeling of similarity. Also, by the same nature and cause, humans can show hostility to things that give the feeling of dissimilarity. The reason this is relevant to push notifications is with a more personal approach, you can create an app push notification that users are more welcome. To do that, you can use, for example, memes, emojis, etc.
How To Target The Right Audience With Push Notifications
When making push notifications apps, there are a number of things you can pay attention to for more accurate push notifications.
- App Visits: By analyzing users’ activity during their app visits, you can create a general picture of them. Knowing your audience is the first step for customization of your push notifications. So, the key point is knowing your users. Covering this key point is about how efficiently you analyze your user. For example, at the very least, you should be careful about users’ sleep patterns.
- Devices: Users’ device choice and OS choice when using your app is also another factor you can take advantage of for push notification design.
- Location: The user’s location can give you a chance to be a more personalized push notifications service. For example, imagine your news app creating push notifications about California’s weather to users living in London.
Right Way For Attention Seeking
Trying to create your push notifications according to restrictive guidelines is not easy. But sometimes it can be a really rewarding job. With the optimum way, you can make and design push notifications more spectacular. To do that, you should be able to create the right feelings in your users. And to create those feelings, there are key points you should pay attention to.
- Importance: First, you should be able to decide what is important to create a feeling of importance. You can decide what is important according to the activity and information of your audience. After deciding that, you can use this as your pivot and create the content.
- Necessity: Creating the feeling of necessity is actually one of the main tactics of sellers. You can use this tactic to promote your app. Of course, deciding what your user needs is hard, just as in the importance part. Even though it is equally challenging, it is also equally rewarding.
- Urgency: Sense of urgency is basically about how you use words. Users can be alerted with limited time chances to create this sense of urgency. For example, your app’s limited-time opportunities can be promoted through push notifications.
Creating context that contains importance, necessity, and urgency is obviously not an easy job, but knowing your users is doable and very rewarding.
Push Notification Final
Push notification is the art of attention-grabbing. The quality of the content enables developers to enjoy the increase in user attention. Increasing user attention means your app gets popular, which is alone a success. Aside from the things mentioned in this article so far, you should be careful about a few things, such as using click-bait notifications and spamming the user with many notifications. Happy attention hunting!