By learning to write an SEO-friendly article and quality content, you can rank higher on Google and increase your potential customers.
To ensure that your web sites rank high and you increase organic traffic, the content on the website should be optimized for both users and search engines and be of high quality at all times.
Before exploring the subject of how to write an SEO-compatible article, we will briefly discuss the issues of what is an SEO article and why it is necessary for terms of a better understanding of the topic.
All SEO operations include optimizing your websites for Google or other search engines, bringing your websites to the top of your competitors and making them rank first in the search results.
With the highest number of monthly individual users, Google has set more than 200 criteria to determine the ranking of websites. These criteria are regularly updated. And they may change constantly.
This type of article is required to have a real chance of competing against bigger websites when you publish an article on your own site. It’s about optimizing your text and other criteria to match the requirements of Google, and improving users’ experience.
Well, if you cite the source and use some sort of quote block, of course, you can take information from other sources for your article. However, if you do not get the consent of the original owner or state the fact that this particular person owns it, you may get in trouble.
Unfortunately, no. And that’s the fun part of SEO. You don’t know anything about it, and success is not guaranteed. The criteria we mention changes every day, and Google constantly updates its algorithm. You can only optimize your chances, and hope for the best.
The Most Critical Aspects for Ranking High
However, the most critical aspect that directs the user to the site and positively affects the SEO operations is your content.
It is essential that when you write an SEO-friendly article, it is both quality and responsive to the users’ requests and also optimized for search engines.
Through the following addresses we’re going to list below, you can examine the details of an SEO-friendly article. You can learn how to write one of them on your own, right now.
No matter how high-quality your content, if it does not match the minimum requirements of an SEO-friendly article, your rankings won’t go far.
For this reason, it’s crucial to grasp that quality content is important, as well as producing it in an SEO-friendly way.
By getting your site above your competitors on the search queries through SEO efforts, you can have a positive impact on organic traffic and reach your potential customers more efficiently.
How to Write an SEO-Friendly Article
Let’s take a little stroll through the eyes of the users before any writing SEO-friendly articles. Let’s assume that you’re an internet user, and you’re searching for “how to freeze your social media accounts.”
When the user cannot find this information on your site, he or she will immediately leave your site. User behavior is one of the most critical factors affecting a site’s rankings when deciding to write an SEO-friendly article.
- Therefore, your content must be capable of keeping users within the site. It should be equipped with accurate and detailed information.
- In addition, users search for information in the article instead of reading long articles and then immediately exit the site.
- You should also set eye-catching visuals and titles so that the user does not leave the site shortly.
15 Golden Rules of SEO-Compatible Articles
No matter how high quality your content is, if your SEO is not done or done incorrectly, your site ranking will be adversely affected.
SEO operations are absolutely necessary to ensure that your website is above your competitors in search engine queries.
Optimizing the content, which is one of the essential parts of SEO, will have a positive effect on the rankings. Through this subheading, you can review the 15 golden rules that are essential for writing SEO-friendly articles.
Analyze Before You Start
- Analyze Your Competitors: Before you start writing content, search the subject of content on search engines to analyze how the first competing pages prepared the content and what keywords they used. By conducting a competitor analysis with the help of various tools, you can get your work on a strong foundation.
- Perform Keyword Analysis: After performing a competitor analysis, you can also complete a keyword analysis to use in your content through the analysis tools that you can find online. It is essential to use your keywords correctly and sparingly in the article. You can review the necessary details to consider when using your keywords. We listed all of them down below.
- Keywords should be placed naturally in writing. This means that the use of consecutive keywords can cause your site to be perceived as spam.
- You can style keywords according to your preference, as underlined, bold, or italic.
- Embed the same words or phrases that you identify with the help of an SEO analysis tool, without using any additional adjectives.
- Your target keyword is the exact keyword that reflects the topic. Include your target keyword without an attachment in the article’s title and some of the subheadings. It is also imperative that the target keyword appears as it is in the first 10% of the content.
- Insert all other keywords only once or twice in the text. You can pass your target keyword more than once compared to your text length. Yoast’s guideline is a great piece of information regarding this issue.
- Finally, avoid using excessive or unnecessary keywords depending on the length of the text when acting to write an SEO-friendly article. Always stay on track.
Beware Keyword Stuffing
Please don’t forget that keywords can make our break your article in terms of SEO. If you can’t get them right, all of your efforts may be in vain.
However, it is a fact that the days of keyword stuffing is gone. Therefore, you shouldn’t expect to stuff your article with keywords and overtake your competitors on search queries.
This action will only result in a manual or an automatic penalty you’ll receive from Google. In extreme cases, your sites may even get deindexed for good!
- Specify Post Length by Subject: It is a positive approach to discuss and explain a subject in all its details. However, if the article is unnecessarily long and going out of the subject, you’re going to regret this. Because when someone visits your page, they won’t be able to find the topic they are looking for among the blocks of texts. Therefore, you should determine the length of the text before, and you shouldn’t go into other subjects to stuff your article.
- Determine Title and Description Length: The title and description length, which is fundamental for SEO, must be determined correctly. The title should be a maximum of 70 characters at most, and the description should be between 130-160 characters. Be sure to include the target keyword in both sections.
- Be Authentic: No one is expecting you to be a Dostoevsky, but the content you write should be original at all times. Don’t spin content. You can learn general information about the subject by researching different websites. Those pages will come up on Google queries and you should start comparing them.
- Pass the Keyword Exactly in One of the H2s: In the main title and at least one of the subheadings, the target keyword must be included in its original shape. This will help you to guide the search engine bots.
- Add a Heading in Every 200-300 Words: You can open a heading in 200 or 300 words by the subject if it requires you to do so. You do this because you don’t want users to get bored while reading. Also, search engine spiders will have an easier time indexing your page because you’re kind of guiding them through the page; this is also the same for users. This will make reading more comfortable and positively affect the user experience.
Strengthen Your Content
- Create Visuals Related to the Subject: Creating remarkable and original visuals regarding the subject is one of the little details that will strengthen the content. Creating eye-catching visuals that will ensure that content is not perceived as boring in the eyes of users is essential. In that way, the user stays on the page for a long time, and it will make a positive contribution. You can make your images SEO compatible by including the alt and title tags to the images. Canva is a great tool to prepare original visuals for your articles.
- Add Related Video Content: Finding related videos is also a way to strengthen the content and keep users on the page for longer. Furthermore, additional points for you if you own the videos.
- Use Bullet Points or Numbered Lists: You can make your content easier to read and grasp by implementing the help of bullet-pointed or numbered lists. This is one of the features that strengthen the content. Also, we know that search engines prefer those lists.
- Create an FAQ Section: Answer the most frequently asked questions about the subject regarding your content. You can easily identify the most frequently asked questions with the help of analysis tools. If general questions are found in your content, it will be sure that your article will fight for the top spot on search queries.
Optimizing the Article
- Use Internal Links: Internal links are URLs you embed to a word or phrase in the article that redirects you to other content within the site. Instead of linking to a word, a link in the form of an open URL can also be used. Also, you include a link in images too.
- Use Outbound Links: Outbound links are links that will gain the trust of search engines. However, it would help if you were careful in applying outbound links early on because it can make users leave the page early on. Therefore, embedding links at the end of a post reduces the bounce rate of users. These links are essential because they show the bots and the people that you’re not making all that up, and you have a reference point. In the same way, you can show outbound links as open URLs.
- Take Advantage of Yoast SEO: You will find the Yoast SEO plug-in extremely useful when acting to write an SEO-friendly article. It also allows you to complete and review all activities quickly, and it warns you against any issues you may have with your content regarding internal SEO.
- Check, Edit & Revise: Check all SEO criteria and writing techniques you’ve applied during the last phase. Edit if there are errors. Your SEO-friendly article won’t be ready any time soon if you don’t edit and check the content carefully. By posting now, you can expect it to take its place on the search queries.
Finally, you can take advantage of the “Fetch” feature with the help of the Google Search Console to get instant indexing to prevent content from being played. With this feature, Google bots will immediately crawl the page and rank your content based on these criteria.