Today, thousands of people make a living by blogging. Besides earning money, these people have gained world fame and written books. Now it’s your turn to be one of them! This process is quite time-consuming but not difficult at all, and there are many ways to do it. In this article, we’ll give you tips on how to start a blog that can make money and how to earn traffic with it.
- What Is a Blog?
- Starting a Blog
- How to Make Money By Blogging
- Starting a Blog That Can Make You Money in Short
- Frequently Asked Questions About
What Is a Blog?
We can define websites where people share their knowledge, experiences, thoughts, criticisms, opinions, or what they see and hear on the internet as blogs. Blogging is a real source of passive income. It takes patience to make money by starting a blog. It is a time-consuming process, just like tradesmen and self-employed people. Everyone may dream of making money by blogging, but successful bloggers are determined, hardworking, knowledgeable, and interested in research.
If you think you have these features, you can turn your blog into a source of income with the right planning and tirelessly working. It takes several months to start a blog and set it up to more than a few thousand visitors daily. But it is one of the rare businesses in the world that you can start with very little capital.
Starting a Blog
Before you learn how to make money by blogging, there are a few steps you need to complete when you start a blog:
Choose a Niche
Having a niche means your blog will focus on one topic rather than multiple topics. You may be thinking about why this step is necessary. People stay on your site for the content, whether they visit your blog through search engines or because of common interests. So don’t try to write about everything, as it will reduce traffic to your site. This way, your audience will know what to expect from you and continue visiting your site. They may even want to share your posts on their social media accounts, increasing your traffic!
Analyze Your Competitors
After deciding your niche and the topics you will write about, you should do a competitor analysis. This analysis will allow you to understand your strategies’ pros and cons. If you have some deficiencies, they should be solved because you should have more than your competitors, not less, so that you can stand out in the competition. It doesn’t matter if there are many blog posts or not on the topic you choose. It is always better to track your competitors to be current and ahead.
Find Your Target Audience
Before starting to write your posts, knowing who you are writing for and who will read them is crucial. Especially if you want to make money from your blog posts, you must be visible on search engines. You can not be visible when you don’t know the search intent of your potential visitors. Here are some questions you can ask;
- How old are they?
- Which gender is dense?
- What devices do they use?
- What do they do for work?
- Do they read other blogs?
Choose a Domain Name
A domain name will also identify your blog, just like your niche. A great way to choose a domain name is to match your chosen niche. For example, if you are starting a blog about fashion, a domain name that clearly conveys your message, such as www.dailyfashiontipsandtricks.com, would be good. Moreover, a domain name with the most searched keywords will help your blog rank better in search engines. It would be beneficial to take the time and effort to choose a domain name. If nothing comes to mind, you can use the domain generators available for suggestions.
Create a Blog
After setting up the niche and domain name, it is time to actually create the blog. For this, you need two things: web hosting and a blogging platform. There are several types of hosting you can choose from. If you are starting a blog for the first time, we recommend using shared hosting, which is the most beginner-friendly. For the blogging platform, WordPress is the best. The Content Management System has a higher education curve but offers the most functionality.
Create Good Content
After you start a blog, the next step is to fill it with good content. To keep your visitors engaged, you need to keep both the number and quality of your blog posts high. We know it can be intimidating. That’s why we’ll give you a list of things you can do to achieve this.
Here is how to create good quality content.
- Look for inspiration: Find what works for your competitors and try to write more creatively and comprehensively.
- Find out which format works best: For example, “How to Do Something in X Minutes?”
- Structure your writing well: Don’t make typos, align your paragraphs and subheadings, avoid writing long paragraphs, etc.
- Use eye-catching visual reinforcements: Beautiful images and videos can attract more readers.
- Always proofread: Take another look at your writing for any mistakes, or ask someone else to read it for you.
Engage with Your Readers
After all, it’s up to your readers to decide whether your blog is better than the rest. So that’s exactly what you need to focus on – getting your readers to engage. First, make your posts more active by adding call-to-action buttons. For example, invite your audience to leave a comment. This will allow you to interact with them by replying to their comments or solving their problems. Another way to do this is to write biased articles. Some of your readers may not agree with you, but this allows you to have an open discussion with your readers, which is great for audience engagement.
Increase Your Traffic
The more traffic you have, the higher your chances of making money by blogging. Many bloggers use some methods to get more readers. By applying these methods, you can increase your traffic, and as a result, you can start earning money as soon as possible:
Promote Your Blog
After posting a blog post, announcing and promoting it is very important to encourage your readers to read and catch your potential readers. If you want to know how to promote your blog, you can share the blog post link on social media with posts or stories. In addition, email marketing is a great way to announce that you shared a post. Although you didn’t share a blog post, you can repeatedly promote the old posts.
SEO for More Organic Traffic
What exactly is this SEO, we hear you say. Search Engine Optimization is an application made to make your website appear higher in search engine results pages. Google has an algorithm that determines which site deserves to be on the top. While no one knows exactly how it works, there are several factors that can help you rank better.
- Your site’s performance – how fast your site loads, are your images sufficiently optimized, etc.
- Content quality – the length of your article, the length of each sentence and paragraph, etc.
- Keyword distribution – your keyword density, use of the most searched keyword, etc.
- Site structure – having a well-built site that can help search robots find all the information on your site, especially if you have a sitemap
- Linking – When many relevant sites link to your blog, search engines will see this as a good sign and are more likely to rank your blog higher on the list.
If organic SEO isn’t generating enough traffic, why not consider paying for it? Using paid ads, you can run a PPC (pay-per-click) campaign that will drive tons of visitors to your site! So what are these PPC ads? Essentially, they are quite similar to the commercials you see on TV, but with a slight difference. Instead of paying directly, you only pay when someone clicks on the ads. Moreover, you can find an advertising service without putting up with the hassles and register and start advertising instantly!
How to Make Money By Blogging
Once you have enough traffic, it’s time to do the things that will really make you money! So how do you make money by blogging? Here are some best practices for that!:
- Google AdSense – although not difficult to set up, getting paid can take a long time.
- Sponsored Content – may be compatible with your content and may not look like an advertisement. Just don’t overuse this method, so you don’t miss traffic.
- Affiliate Marketing – affiliate marketing gives you a flat rate compared to sponsored content. However, it does not guarantee that people will buy the product.
- Amazon Affiliates – has a wide variety of catalogs but is less rated than other affiliates.
- Digital Goods – you never run out of stock, but good digital products are hard to produce.
- Membership Sites – even a single sale can earn you money for a period of time, but fresh content is hard to come by.
- Freelance Authoring – portfolio collection is easy, but deadlines can be difficult.
- Private Tutoring – gives you a chance to collaborate with other teachers and grow your business network. However, it is difficult to compile material for each lesson.
- Podcast Advertising – reliable method for ads but requires expensive equipment and good editing skills.
- RSS Advertising – can reach large audiences. However, not many people use RSS these days.
Starting a Blog That Can Make You Money in Short
In this article, we talked about how to start a blog that will make money and ways to make money blogging. Now that you’ve learned how it’s time to give it a try. We have included the steps in starting a blog and creating good quality content. We have touched upon the importance of SEO for blogging and how you can earn money from your blog. If you liked this article, you might also like our other articles about blogs, such as how to promote your blog.