When you research on the internet for the best plugins for WordPress, you will see numerous results. There are over 200 plugins. Some plugins are well-known, and the other ones have not qualified. The SEO plugin facilitates the SEO work that website owners need to implement, shows errors that are often overlooked, guides you to move forward more regularly, and gives you an SEO score based on your content. Although this score is given, it does not measure the speed of the page, regardless of whether the page is mobile-friendly or not, and does not consider the number of backlinks to that page. But the following plugins are really useful and help search engines analyze your website better. In this article, we will look at the most useful plugins.
Yoast SEO is one of the most known useful WordPress plugins, with over 5 million downloads. The Yoast team created this plugin with a free and paid (Pro) version. After installation, the Yoast SEO plugin adds boxes for customizing your posts and pages. This meta field allows you to enter the target keyword, title, and meta description portion of your page or post. Anything you write in this section will appear on search engine results pages. Also, if you have not entered the target keyword, there will be a warning according to its authenticity.
Another feature is the content analysis section. This part works well and gives a good signal as to whether the content is readable by the user’s eyes. Improve the technical quality of your content using signals, use of focus keywords, paragraph length, use of H tags, use of internal and external links, and use of image alt tags.
The above properties meet the requirements for content. Looking at the whole site helps with the following issues:
- XML sitemap generation.
- Verification in Webmaster Tools (Google, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, etc.).
- Set index or noindex in the search engine for the specific content type. For instance, you can name the category index and the tag noindex.
- Create title and meta description templates.
- Add Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP plugin to optimize AMP pages if you have them.
All-in-One SEO Pack
This is another well-known SEO plugin. All-in-One SEO Pack’s features are similar to Yoast SEO; we will look at the extra features.
- XML allows you to set page restrictions in your sitemap.
- Robots.txt file can be updated from its interface.
- Edit .htaccess files without using FTP
- You can edit it from your interface without needing it.
- Malicious bots can be blocked by spam.
- Sitelinks search box can be added as a scheme.
- Auto-generate meta descriptions. (Must provide specific criteria)
- Allows you to set social meta settings.
- You can export the settings.
If you buy the paid version, you can access these features;
- Video SEO module.
- WooCommerce support.
- SEO for categories, tags, and custom taxonomies.
- SEO for social meta categories, tags, and custom taxonomies.
- Google Tag Manager support.
- Enhanced Google Analytics Tracking.
- Banner and Advertisement Lifts.
- Access to support videos, forums, and a knowledge center.
This plugin has the best features when compared to its competitors because it offers features that are available for free in the premium versions of Yoast and All in SEO.
- It covers all the features of the other two SEO plugins.
- Free version allows you to optimize 1 piece of content for 5 focus keywords. It’s a very useful feature when it comes to semantic SEO.
- Checks over 34 criteria out of his SEO elements of
- The installation wizard that appears during installation also solves many technical and difficult issues.
- It is very user-friendly, with ease of use and instructions.
- Integration with Google Search Console shows errors and alerts right in front of you.
- Can handle 14 rich snippets features that plague many SEO professionals.
- Provides map previews for Facebook and Twitter.
- Tracks 404 errors.
- WooCommerce and AMP support is free.
- If you use another SEO plugin, Rank Math can automatically import all settings from the other plugin after installation.
- You can receive keyword suggestions from Google when you connect your Rank Math account to your site.
The SEO Framework
SEO Framework is the 4th most installed SEO plugin. It has about 100,000 users. It is a plugin close to Yoast and All in One SEO features. Some features are;
- AMP integration
- Local SEO.
- Article Development,
- Incognito Mode,
- Comment Caching for Spammers.
This is one of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins that offers such advanced features.
Easy Table of Contents
Google prefers content to be shared in in-page menus, so both Google itself and users are not getting lost in long content. They explained that this requires a logical and descriptive structure. Here are some features of Easy Table Contents;
- It automatically adds an in-page menu to your long pages.
- Add a table of contents to your posts, pages, and custom post types with a few clicks.
- Feature oriented.
- The TOCs are customizable.
- Users can assign a theme to their TOCs.
- If the existing themes don’t suit your style, you can create a custom theme with borders, backgrounds, and link colors.
Broken Link Checker
The great thing about Broken Link Checker is that it can fix broken links in a few clicks and suggest new links with just a few clicks. We recommend disabling this plugin for the time being, as there is a warning that it can slow down your site and use a lot of bandwidth. These are Broken Link Checker’s features;
- It scans websites for internal and external links by working continuously in the background.
- Specifies the HTTP status code (404, 410, etc.), the link text, and the link source.
However, a disadvantage to Broken Link Checker is that it creates huge website traffic because it works continuously. Using regular hosting slows down your website. So, activating and running the plugin at certain intervals is more logical.
Shortpixels’ best advantage is optimizing images. It compresses without loss of quality, extracts EXIF data, and optimizes them in other ways. WordPress SEO plugins are great tools for optimizing your strategy and improving the results of your blog or website. However, you should choose a quality plugin that suits your needs. Also, do not overuse these add-ons, as they can slow down your page performance.
a3 Lazy Load
a3 Lazy Load is the best for speed and images. Google considers this issue because speed is very important to users. Graphics are the most problematic part of the speed test. It is a good option to solve the speed issues caused by images. Lazy Load is loading images on a page while the page is scrolling. Images of sections displayed on the user input page are loaded. However, images for sections at the bottom of the page that are not visible to the user’s screen will not load.
When the user scrolls to the bottom of the page, the image loads into the display area. This way, unnecessary traffic and server load are prevented, and pages load quickly. It’s a very easy-to-use plugin. You can enable it for the required file types in the website section.
HREFLANG Tags Lite
Hreflang is an HTML tag used to tell search engines the language and geographic target of a web page. This tag should be used on multilingual websites but not on monolingual websites. If the same page is written in multiple languages, the addresses in these languages must be communicated to search engines. This is how search engines direct users to the correct version of her website. Hreflang tags are a necessary feature for SEO. This tag is the biggest flaw of the website that failed his SEO research internationally. The Hreflang Tags Lite plugin can be configured separately for each section, such as posts, pages, categories, etc., and has batch editing capabilities. It is a WP SEO plugin that can be used easily for small sites.
Occasionally, we face situations such as: removing the added page or article or changing the link address. The more significant issue is the number of people who have had to completely change their sites. In a similar case, we have an old and new page address. In such cases, we need to do a 301 redirect. This process can be done with the .htaccess file on Linux servers. However, this requires technical knowledge and wastes time if the number of referrals is too high. In this point, Redirection is doing this in a very easy way. All you have to do is write down the old and new addresses. Thanks to the logging feature, you will also uncover addresses delivering 404 errors you did not notice.
WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is a well-known, high-performance plugin for caching WordPress sites of any size. This plugin has a free version, and it is an open-source plugin.
There are various caching modes to appeal to the average WordPress user or developer who wants more control over caching. One of its favorite features is the regular cleanup of old files. These are other Cache Plugins;
- Cachify (Free A++)
- Hyper Cache (Free)
- Swift Performance (Free & Premium)
- Simple Cache (Free)
This is a compression and caching plugin that helps speed up your website. With Autoptimize, scripts, and styles are minified, compressed, and cached. This gives your website extra speed. You should change the default font loading if your website uses Google fonts to avoid poor speed test results. This can be done using Autoptimize.
Really Simple SSL
SSL certificate is a necessity valid since 2019. Even if you have an SSL certificate, it is possible to encounter HTTP requests instead of HTTPS due to codes from files such as themes inside your site or links to your site outside. To prevent this, you can use the Really Simple SSL plugin.
Titan Anti-Spam & Security is a powerful WordPress plugin that protects your website from all threats. Thus, it offers solid protection against spam, malicious IP addresses, and more. The plugin constantly checks comments through a global spam database. Unfiltered comments are checked again by a self-learning network to protect your site from harmful content.
Keywords are words or phrases that internet users search for in search engines. Therefore, optimizing your website's content and product descriptions ...
A powerful malware scanner scans system files, themes, and plugins for malware, invalid URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects, and code injections. It also protects websites from brute-force attacks by limiting login attempts.
Rel NoFollow Checkbox
Rel Nofollow Checkbox Plugin is a WordPress plugin that helps website builders add Rel Nofollow to external links in WordPress posts.
This plugin helps by adding a checkbox to the add link popup of the WordPress post editor. This popup already has a checkbox that immediately lets you open links in a new tab. Now whenever you add an external link, you can easily nofollow it just by checking a box.
Conclusion of Best SEO Plugins for WordPress
In this article, we try to illustrate the best SEO plugins for WordPress. There are numerous different plugins; however, some of them are more useful when compared to others. Hopefully, we were able to help.